The proposals for our site at Bishops Green which underwent public consultation earlier this year, has now been formally registered and validated by Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council.
The submitted application includes the following:
- Reduction in final number of proposed homes by over 12% from 400 to 350
- 40% affordable housing
- A mix of housing types of 1- 4 bed homes, plus a range of homes meeting M4(2) building standards for accessible and adaptable homes
- All homes to be built to Future Homes Standards which will deliver carbon emissions savings of 75% on current building regulations, with features such as electric charging points and solar panels
- Additional green links through the developable area, and the site is designed to prioritise sustainable and active modes of travel, including walking, cycling, bus travel and electric vehicles
- A range of off-site improvements to highways and public transport, including upgrades to existing pedestrian/cycle links and local bus stops
- Minimum 10% net biodiversity gain across the site
- Public nature park
- Existing woods and pond retained
- Range of play areas including a local equipped area of play (LEAP)
- Community orchard
- 2 acres (0.5 ha) of space reserved for community facility use. Exact facilities to be provided is to be confirmed by BDBC during the application process. These will then be secured as part of any outline planning permission granted
The application can be viewed using the website link below and the application reference number: 21/03598/OUT.
Statutory consultees (e.g., Environment Agency, Highways England, Natural England and the Parish Council) and local residents will have the opportunity to formally comment on the application.
We will continue to work closely with the Council and respond to statutory consultees through the application process. The website www.catesby-collegecopsefields.co.uk will be updated as the application progresses.
Find out more about the site here.