Following on from comments received from Babergh District Council Planning Committee, we have revised our proposals accordingly.
We wanted to update you on our proposals for new homes and public open space at Weavers Green, land off Sand Hill, Boxford.
- 64 homes (20% decrease in the number previously proposed)
- Maximum storey heights of the dwellings reduced from 2.5 to 2 storeys
- Revised layout with dwellings set further back from the A1071 on lower elevations consistent with the existing form of the village
- Increased landscaping and open space to further soften the appearance and character of the proposals
- Inclusion of serviced land for the development of a community building (which will be transferred freehold to the Parish in perpetuity)
- Removal of the failing drainage soakaway serving the adjacent Station Fields development and enlarged Sustainable Drainage System (SUDS) negating the risk of surface water flooding
- Revised sustainability strategy incorporating low carbon renewable energy technologies (heat pumps and solar PV) to achieve carbon reductions significantly exceeding the requirements of the Council’s Local Plan and Building Regulations
- 35% affordable housing as before (now equates to 22 affordable homes)
- Mix of dwelling size as before, specifically smaller 1, 2 and 3 bed homes and bungalows for first time buyers and those wishing to downsize
A leaflet drop detailing these changes will be circulated to local residents.
We are now intending to submit our revised proposals to Babergh District Council for determination, and not intending to hold a further public exhibition, however, we would be happy to receive any comments you may have or answer any questions. You can use the HAVE YOUR SAY button at the top of the page or call 01926 836910.
Once the Outline Planning Application is submitted, Babergh District Council will carry out a formal consultation on the proposals with local residents. We will respond to any comments made during the determination period.
Find out more about the site here.